Monday, October 05, 2009

Cry Out...

I'm sort of getting myself ready for a "challenging" next few days, maybe even week. I'm preparing myself and my heart for a huge leap of faith. I'm really just asking God to fill me with Him and let me see and hear what He needs me to right now. Parts of me are scared to death and parts of me and so excited I can't explain it and other parts of me are just questioning and doubting and trying to find reasons and explanations. I've been through enough to know that God has a plan...and more often than not, I have no clue what He is doing. He's showing me bits and pieces, but I know I just have to jump and have faith that His arms are there waiting to catch me. To be honest, I know that He is there -- always has been -- and He will never ever ever let me down! It's just so easy to sit back and listen to this messed up world tell me that I have to take control of my life and I need this and that to be happy or satisfied and all kinds of other ideas that are full of emptiness and disappointment. As much as it is going to hurt, I really need God to break me right now, to humble me, and to just let His love pour into me. I have got to go down this road with only one thing in sight -- the powerful love of my Savior!
I've been reading through Philippians, and just can't get enough of how much love and passion that Paul has for both God and people. "Love God. Love People." is the way I like to describe my "religious" beliefs, so this letter just really hits home for me. So much of what is written here speaks to my heart and I can't think of anything better to do right now than use those words to cry out to my King.

Precious Lord ,
I am so amazed at your incredible love and mercy. Father, you are so much more than I could ever deserve and I am so thankful that you call me yours. Please take my life and use it to glorify only you. I ask that your will be done, and my selfish desires be stripped completely out of my hands. Let your love consume me, continue to grow my knowledge and understanding so I can clearly see what matters. Lord, guide my steps toward righteousness and purity. Help me to magnify you with every piece of my life. I know that if I am faithful to you, everything I walk through will bring honor to your name. Give me the strength and courage to be bold for you. Abba, I need you to humble me and give me the attitude of Christ Jesus. Let me rejoice in good times and in hard times so that the light you have place in my heart with shine brightly to the world. I will press on, knowing that nothing on this earth has any worth, the only real value comes from knowing you, father. Please rescue me from the longings of my flesh and wrap me in your arms of mercy and forgiveness. Lord, nothing is possible without you and I am eternally grateful for your saving grace and endless love. Thank you for sending your Son and saving my life. I love you, Lord. I pray all of these things in the name of your perfect Son.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment