Thursday, February 04, 2010

A Gift From Bob...

I wrote a little bit about my friend Bob not too long ago...and now I want to share with you a gift he recently blessed me with.I was visiting with him last week and he told me he has something for me. He pulled out this 8x10 photo and told me that some guy came under the bridge asking to take pictures...I wish I knew who this guy was. I'd love to give him credit for his photo, but I'd REALLY love to thank him for being so sweet to my friend. Bob told me the guy stayed and talked to him for a couple hours and brought him donuts. When Bob handed me this photo I was so excited that he wanted ME to have it...it was the only copy he had! I asked him over and over again if he was sure, and he promised he was. He told me he wanted me to have something to remember him by.

As if I'd forget him...we've had some good conversations...and LOTS of good jokes. Hey, I bet if you ever meet Bob and mention me, he'll tell you about the "horrible" book I brought him to read! :) I'll admit I'd only read the first couple of chapters, but it seemed like an interesting book...Riding Toward Everywhere...it was a book about a guy who rode the rails, just a snapshot of his story. Well, turns out he was a bit of a "wild" guy...Bob couldn't believe that I would give him a book that talked about prostitutes and used the 'f'-word. Ooops! Haha, but we joke about it almost every time I see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment