Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Simply & Only God...

"No soul can be really at rest until it has given up all dependence on everything else and has been forced to depend on the Lord alone. As long as our expectation is from other things, nothing but disappointment awaits us. Feelings may change, and will change with our changing circumstances; doctrines and dogmas may be upset; Christian work may come to naught; prayers may seem to lose their fervency; promises may seem to fail; everything that we have believed in or depended upon may seem to be swept away, and only God is left, just God, the bare God, if I may be allowed the expression; simply and only God."
-- Hannah Whitall Smith

Chyaa...that's what I want...SIMPLY AND ONLY, GOD! I know when I depend on me to fix my problems or ease my pain or restore my joy, none of that ever really happens. Sure, I can fake it with the best of 'em...but I end up back where I started. It's really just a waste of time and energy...seriously, I've been there more than once or twice. And I've also lived in moments where I was bankin' on God and God alone! I'm reminding myself and promising you, that fully depending on God will be pretty freaking hard and frankly painful; but those moments of difficulty and grief are nothing compared to my God...the maker of the universe, the creator of EV-ER-Y-THING!


No comments:

Post a Comment