Wednesday, March 24, 2010

RIP Sweet Friend...



I literally just wrote last night about how much I missed some of my friends...and Wilda was one of those friends...(Missing My Friends)


"Wilda! Wilda! Wilda! I LOVE this lady. Sadly, she was the very first person I ever "lost". It was so hard to learn that sometimes you will see someone twice a week every week forever and then all of the sudden they are gone. I looked forward to seeing her every time I was out! I loved her amazing heart and spirit. She had tons of notebooks full of beautiful poems and kids' Sunday school lessons and blueprints for a home she hoped to one day have. She'd draw and write while she sat on the sidewalk in front of a Mexican restaurant selling items she had knitted, been given, or found in the trash. She would sit there ALL day long in the hot sun and then return to her spot on the front porch of an abandoned house every night just to get some sleep and do it all over again. Unfortunately, her "husband" was a bad piece of the equation and was a huge roadblock to Wilda getting on her feet...but as strong a woman as she was, Lewis was her weakness and she couldn't see that he was walking all over her. I pray for Wilda often...and even if I never see her again, there is no way I'll ever forget her!" 

Tonight I received word that Wilda passed away on July 22, 2009 after being struck by a car just off Washington St. and Emerson Ave. on the east side of Indianapolis. It's kind of of ironic how my words last night were..."Sadly, she was the very first person I ever "lost"." I guess that really rings true...up to this point, I've never had to face the death of a homeless friend. I think what breaks my heart the most is that no one knew about her death. But, there is no doubt that Wilda is at home with her heavenly father. This woman had such a beautifully strong faith...her love for the Lord just made her SHINE! So many people loved Wilda and she will continue to be missed. Rest in peace and God bless you sweet, sweet friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment